August is Colorado Proud Month! In honor of one of the juiciest Colorado staples – Palisade Peaches – Lori would like to share a favorite Sunday night dessert recipe with you.
– 5 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches (about 6 peaches)
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur
– ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
– ¾ cup rolled oats
– ¾ cup flour
– ½ cup butter, chilled
– 1/3 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
– Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gently toss peach slices with sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and almond-flavored liqueur; turn into a 1 ½ – quart baking dish.
– In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, rolled oats and flour.
– Cut in butter until crumbly.
– With a fork, stir in the almonds, then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the peaches.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling around the edges.
– Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.